This is a short tutorial on passwords. Passwords are a very important part of security that is often overlooked. Often we keep lists in our desks or in a notebook which is a hacker’s dream. Here are some suggestions that can help you remain safe.
- Do not use common and easily discovered passwords such as a spouses, kids, or pets name.
- Use associated words and example of this is PurpleMonkey.
- Do not use clear text, instead use character substitution. So our example above of PurpleMonkey would become Purpl3Monk3y.
- Consider using a password manager such as Dashlane or Keypass. These will also create complex passwords for you.
- Whatever you decide make sure you at least follow the first three rules.